With three kids, having that dinner together around the dining room table can be pretty challenging at times. One of the meals that I can always go to that I know will be a hit with everyone is pizza. As my kids grow up, they’re all getting their own favorite pizza toppings so it can be expensive to order everyone’s favorite things. Enter waffle iron pizzas. These quick and easy pizzas you can make at home will be life changing. Dramatic? Sure. But if you’ve ever tried to find something everyone will eat, you’ll understand.
What do I need to make waffle iron pizzas?
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you don’t need a bunch of things to make it happen. You’ve probably already got them on hand, which is fantastic.
To make your own waffle iron pizzas, you only need a handful of ingredients:
• 1 Can Jumbo Sized Biscuits
• Mozzarella Cheese
• Pizza Sauce
How do I make waffle iron pizzas?
Start out by pre-heating your waffle iron. While it’s warming up, start prepping your biscuits and gathering your ingredients. Open the tube of biscuits and separate them. Flatten out each of the biscuits with a rolling pin or your hands. You don’t want them too thin, but you don’t want the biscuit to be too thick either.
Once your waffle iron is warmed up, give it a quick spray with some no stick cooking spray. Carefully lay in one of the flatten biscuits. This is going to be the bottom layer of your pizza.
Now comes the fun part. Add a bit of sauce to the biscuit in the waffle iron. As you’re adding toppings, make sure to leave space at the edge of the biscuit so the top and bottom can seal together. You’ll want to add your toppings in so there’s enough that you’ll be able to taste them, but not have them so full they explode.
When you’ve added all of your toppings, put another flattened biscuit on top and close your waffle iron. Let your waffle iron pizzas cook for a couple of minutes. The time will vary depending on your waffle iron, thickness of your biscuits, and how many toppings you’ve added.
Use a fork or pair of tongs to take your waffle iron pizza out of the waffle iron. Your creation is ready to enjoy.
Waffle Iron Pizza Tips
- When you’ve finished cooking your pizza, give it a couple of minutes to cool off. The outside can feel cool, but the middle can still be very hot and you’ll burn your mouth.
- Add in your favorite toppings and seasonings. (this pizza seasoning is our favorite!)
- Think outside the box! Need a breakfast pizza? Add in scrambled eggs, some shredded cheese, and crumbled sausage or bacon. Make a warm PB&J. Make a dessert pizza with hazelnut spread and marshmallows. You’re really only limited by your pantry and imagination.
- These waffle iron pizzas are fantastic in lunch boxes as well. When you’re making them for dinner, make a few extras to pack in lunch boxes the next day.
- Let the kids help prep, cook, and clean up with this recipe. Just be careful that everyone is cautious with the waffle iron while cooking.
- • 1 Can Jumbo Sized Biscuits
- • Mozzarella Cheese
- • Pizza Sauce
- • Pepperoni
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. Slightly flatten a biscuit and place it in the waffle iron
3. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese & pepperoni.
4. Place a slightly flattened biscuit on top and close waffle iron.
5. Cook for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until biscuits fully cook.
6. Serve & enjoy.
Switch up the toppings to include your favorites!