Cookies are part of almost every holiday celebration. It can be hard to find time to cook and bake during busy holiday seasons. These sugar cookie kiss cookies are the answer to the “what should I bake?” question. They’re quick and easy to make and are always a hit when you bring them to a get together. These sugar cookie kiss cookies even make cute gifts!
What do I need to make sugar cookie kiss cookies?
One thing that makes these sugar cookies a favorite is that you’ve probably got all these ingredients on hand:
• 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
• 1 Stick Butter (Soft)
• 1 Tbs Vanilla
• 1/4 Cup Sugar
• Red & Green Food Coloring
• Hershey Sugar Cookie Kisses
How do I make sugar cookie kiss cookies?
Start out by pre-heating your over to 350 degrees and gather up your ingredients. First, mix your sugar, butter, and vanilla in a mix bowl. Spend a couple of minutes creaming these ingredients together.
Slowly start adding the flour to the mixture. Keep mixing until everything is combined. Once you have everything well mixed, split your dough into two smaller bowls. In one bowls, add red food coloring to the dough. Add green food coloring to the other bowl. Mix the food coloring into the dough in each bowl.
After you’ve mixed the food coloring into the dough for the sugar cookie kiss cookies, it’s time to roll the dough into balls. Put your rolled cookie dough balls onto your cookie sheet. Use a spoon or glass to flatten out the balls a bit before baking them. Once the cookie dough is ready, it’s time to bake your cookies.
While the cookies are baking, unwrap the kisses you’ll be topping your cookies with. After the cookies have finished baking, quickly top them with the unwrapped kisses. You want the chocolate to melt on the cookies so the kisses don’t fall off the top of them.
Tips for Making Sugar Cookie Kiss Cookies
- Switch up the food coloring colors in your sugar cookie kiss cookies to match the color of the holiday or celebration you’re baking for.
- Pick your favorite kind of kisses to use in these cookies.
- Put these colorful cookies on a cute plate or in a cute tin to use as a gift.
- • 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- • 1 Stick Butter (Soft)
- • 1 Tbs Vanilla
- • 1/4 Cup Sugar
- • Red & Green Food Coloring
- • Hershey Sugar Cookie Kisses
1. Pre-Heat oven 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar, vanilla & butter.
3. Slowly stir in the flour.
4. Separate dough into two bowls and add food coloring.
5. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on a non-stick or parchment paper lined pan. Slightly flatten each ball with a spoon.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until very lightly browned on the bottoms.
7. Remove from oven and place a sugar cookie kiss on each cookie immediately so the will stick.
8. Serve & enjoy.