Finding breakfast ideas can be a challenge, especially when most mornings are rushed trying to get everyone out of the house. Breakfast sandwiches like this Spanish egg sandwich are a great option because you can eat them on the go on your way to work or at the bus stop.
What do I need to make a Spanish egg sandwich?
While it looks like you might need a lot of things to make these egg sandwiches, the overall process is very easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup onion finely chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 medium red bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
2 cups fresh baby spinach
12 eggs beaten
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Spanish Paprika
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Fresh baby spinach as garnish
Whole grain english muffins
How do I make a Spanish egg sandwich?
Start out by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In your mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs. Whisk in the salt and pepper to taste. Pour your egg mixture into your baking dish.
Add in your peppers, onions, garlic, and cheese to the egg mixture in the baking dish. Give everything a quick mix to spread the ingredients around.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. You’ll know the eggs are done when the top is set and slightly browned.
Let the egg mixture cool for about five minutes before you assemble your sandwich.
Cut your egg mixture into circles or squares and put them on your english muffins. Now is also the time to add any other toppings you’d like to enjoy on your breakfast sandwich.
Tips for Making a Spanish Egg Sandwich
- If you like a crunchy “bun”, toast your english muffin before making your sandwich.
- Add any other toppings to your egg sandwich you like. Want more cheese? Add it on!
- Switch up the toppings to give yourself a variety of egg sandwiches.
- Make these ahead of time and freeze them. Assemble your english muffin and cooked egg mixture. Wrap your sandwiches in plastic wrap then in aluminum foil. Be sure to label the aluminum foil with the type of sandwich you made and the date. Defrost them in the refrigerator the night before or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds in the morning (be sure to take the aluminum foil off first!). Add on any other toppings you’d like.
- Don’t care for english muffins? Use biscuits, bagels, tortillas, or whatever else you like.
Healthy Spanish Egg Sandwich
This healthy Spanish egg sandwich is a great breakfast option.
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 12 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Spanish Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh baby spinach as garnish
- Whole grain english muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13” baking dish, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs.Add sea salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread the mixture evenly in the dish.
- Add the peppers, onions, spinach, garlic, and cheese. Lightly toss to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until top is set and slightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm. Cut into squares and place in a toasted english muffin.
Leave a Reply