It’s always hard to come up with quick and easy dessert recipes. Especially recipes that you can add a bit of a Disney twist to. This is one you need to add to your “go to” recipes right away. Everyone will love these Mickey cookie bars so make sure you make a double batch if you’re having a large get together (or if you want to keep some at home to enjoy too).
What do you need to make Mickey cookie bars?
Believe it or not, like most recipes you’ll find me sharing, you don’t need a ton of things to make these cute cookie bars. Chances are good that you’ve probably got most everything already on hand which makes it even better:
• 1 Box Christmas Funfetti Cake Mix
• 1 Stick Butter (Soft)
• 2 Eggs
• 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
• Christmas M&M
How do I make Mickey cookie bars?
Start out by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating up, gather up your ingredients. Add everything to your mixing bowl except the chocolate covered candies and mix it all together.
Once the dough is well mixed, dump it into a pan that you’ve sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. If you don’t want to add the chocolate covered candies on top, skip the next step and put your dough into the oven.
Use your chocolate covered candies to make small Mickey heads on the top of your cookie bars. Think about the size of the bars you’ll want (or need) as you’re making your Mickey heads. If you want each bar to have it’s own Mickey head, you’ll need to keep that in mind as you’re making your Mickey heads.
Cook your Mickey cookie bars until they’re done. Every oven is different so keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn. Once they’re finished baking, take them out to cool and cut into squares.
Tips for Making Mickey Cookie Bars
- If you don’t want Mickey heads on your bars, you can mix the chocolate covered candies into the cookie dough.
- Switch up the colors of chocolate covered candies to match the holiday or celebration you’re baking for.
- Use a different type of cake mix to get different flavors of Mickey cookie bars.
- • 1 Box Christmas Funfetti Cake Mix
- • 1 Stick Butter (Soft)
- • 2 Eggs
- • 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- • Christmas M&M
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Funfetti, eggs, butter & chocolate chips.
3. Pour into a non-stick or silicone pan.
4. Take 3 m&m and create a Mickey Mouse.
5. Repeat all over the cookie bars.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.
7. Slice into squares.
8. Serve & enjoy.
Switch out the type of cake mix or color of chocolate covered candies to match the season or theme of your party or gathering.