My kids never seem to remember they need things until the night before they need them, after all the stores have closed and we’re going to be for the evening. Funny how that works sometimes… Quick and easy cake mix cookies are a great recipe to have on hand when things like that pop up. Bake sales, class parties, or potlucks at work. There’s always something that comes up so having a few go to recipes like this one are super important.
What do I need to make cake mix cookies?
I like simple, easy recipes and this one’s no different. You only need a few things to make these cake mix cookies:
1 box white cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup powdered sugar
How do I Make Cake Mix Cookies?
Gather up your ingredients and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and oil. Once everything is combined, add in your food coloring and mix again.
Roll your dough into balls then into powdered sugar. After they’re covered in powdered sugar, put them on your cookie sheet to bake. Be sure to leave about two inches between each cookie as they’re going to expand when they bake.
Your cookies will need to bake for about seven minutes. Be sure to let them cool completely before you put them in a container to store them.
Tips for Making Cake Mix Cookies
- Add in different food coloring to match whatever holiday or celebration you’re looking for.
- If you want to make multiple colors of cookies, split your dough and add different colors to each ball of dough.
- Create a tie dye effect by adding different colored food coloring into the dough and kneading it carefully. You want it to be multicolored, not black or brown. You can also color different balls of dough then knead those together to create a pattern.
- You can change the flavor of your cookies by using a different flavored cake mix or flavored extracts. Remember when using extracts that a little can go a long way so be careful.
- Not enough powdered sugar? Sift more on time of your cookies once they’re baked.
- Not a fan of powdered sugar? Roll your unbaked cookies in colored sugar instead for a more sparkly look.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- green gel food coloring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together white cake mix, eggs, and oil. Fold in the green gel food coloring. About two drops for the green to be light.
Roll about a tablespoon of cake mix into a ball. Roll the ball in powdered sugar. Be sure to cake the powdered sugar well to the top of the ball for the snowy look.
Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet about two inches apart as the cookies will expand when baking.
Bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from baking sheet with cookie spatula and place on a cooling rack. Store in airtight container.