The holidays are always full of fun, family, and food. Usually lots of unhealthy food choices. Sure the cookies and cupcakes are cute, but sometimes having something healthy to snack on is a nice change. These cute celery stick reindeer treats are just as quick to throw together as cupcakes or cookies.
What do I need to make celery stick reindeer treats?
Thankfully you only need a couple of things to put these reindeer treats together. All you need is:
• Peanut Butter
• Candy Eyes
How do I make celery stick reindeer treats?
Start out by gathering up all of your ingredients. Cut your celery into the size sticks you prefer. Once your celery is washed and cut, it’s time to add the peanut butter.
The hardest part of this recipe is breaking the pretzels. You will want to only break off the bottom section of of the pretzels so they look like antlers. Don’t worry – just us, all reindeer look a little different too. Unique antlers aren’t a bad thing!
Next you’re going to add the eyes to the celery sticks. If you can’t find eyes (or want to use something else), try using chocolate chips instead. Brown chocolate covered candies also work well.
The last step is to add Rudolph’s nose to these cute celery stick reindeer treats. The recipe calls for raspberries. If those aren’t your child’s favorite, consider using strawberries instead to make a red nose.
Tips for making celery stick reindeer treats
These aren’t super hard to make but here are a couple of tips that might make putting them together a little easier:
- If your kids are helping and spreading the peanut butter is too hard, you can try a couple of things:
- warm the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to spread (don’t fully melt it).
- put the peanut butter into a zip top baggie and cut the tip of one of the lower corners (like you would a piping bag for icing a cake or cupcakes).
- Grab a bag of pre-cut celery sticks if this is something you’re sending to school for the kids to make or it’s something the kids are going to make all on their own so they’re not using sharp knives to cut the celery sticks.
- Cut the celery sticks to the length you need to get enough reindeer out of the celery you’ve got. These don’t need to be huge.
- Not making Rudolph? Use a chocolate chip for the nose instead.
- • Celery
- • Peanut Butter
- • Candy Eyes
- • Raspberries
- • Pretzels
1. Cut celery in 3-4 inch pieces.
2. Fill with peanut butter.
3. Break the bottom off of the pretzels and place near the top of the celery to represent the antlers.
4. Then add 2 eyes.
5. Place a raspberry on for a nose.